Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Finally a post from the other person involved in this thing

I've decided to knock one more thing off my to-do list before leaving the country, and add my voice to our blog. [m] and I arrived in NYC yesterday evening, after spending several days in Sonoma in an attempt to acclimate Henri to his new surroundings (as of this moment, he's in the beginning phases of snuggling his new doggie roommate Chance, and is no longer exclusively hanging out in the hall cupboard). We spent our first day in NYC in Manhattan visiting the Met, wandering through Central Park, looking at stores, and eating at the Beard Papas (they've all closed down since last year with an exception of one- damn economy!). We left Manhattan empty handed, and headed back to [m]'s sister's place, where she fed us lasagna and cake (incredibly good lasagna and cake). And now we're up late, watching TV and playing board games. We've yet to fully decide on our activities for tomorrow. We may go to another museum, but the weather's supposed to drop quite a bit, and we're not fully prepared. Also, I'm finding the constant swooshing of my nylon travel pants to be unnerving in the quiet of museums, so I may prefer to stay in louder environments and try not to think about the many well dressed people surrounding me, wearing narrow, stealthy, cotton based pants.


On Friday, M and I will be having another very early morning, as it will take us nearly 2 hours to wind our way under NY to JFK where we'll be catching our flight to Cartagena. Regrettably, I haven't listened to a single one of my Spanish tapes, so I won't be able to ask for any one's telephone number, or proclaim that I am single for at least a few days. I'm not sure why the Spanish instructions feel the need to cover "how to hook up in Spanish" in the first lesson- but maybe it will become apparent once down there. At this point, I'm just hoping to be able to find food, and also hoping that our hotel and host family both have air-conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment